• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Outlet for air tools etc.

dk8019

I have a valve and a threaded outlet underneath the dash in my Deuce on the passenger side. Does anyone know the thread pattern for the male outlet? I would like to install a quick disconnect for air tools etc, I've seen it done on others so I'm guessing it's a standard fitting, but I want to make sure before I buy the parts.

Flea

You are correct, it is a standard fitting. However, to run the big stuff, you may not get high enough CFM. That being said, I added one to mine, and I have a coiled air hose that stays connected now.

The best of both worlds would be to have one in the cab, and another hose with a gladhand connector and air-chuck for your higher-volume tools (impacts, etc.).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the higher volume was under the dash and not the gladhand?

???

dk8019

I believe standard quick disconnect fittings you buy to put on standard air compressors is 1/4" NPT, is this the smae thread type under the dash?

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We get the best volume for air lines and tools from the glad hand at the right rear of the truck. I believe it is the one marked emergency. I tried the in-cab on an M135 and had low volume.
Regards Marti

dm22630

Use the emergency gladhand on the rear & pull the throttle out to 1500rpms. Let your air build up & you are good to go.

I run my 1/2" air impact gun, air bottle jack, etc from it with ZERO problems. I can change a flat, BY MYSELF, in less than 15 minutes.

dk8019

Ok well I put the adapter in the truck, it works well it seems, I have a few bid on some units setup for gladhands, so we'll see how that works out and go from there!

dm22630

dk8019 said:
Ok well I put the adapter in the truck, it works well it seems, I have a few bid on some units setup for gladhands, so we'll see how that works out and go from there!
You can buy everything you need from NAPA & Lowes.

Napa sells gladhand adapters.

Lowes sells the reducer coupling & other fittings that you need, as well as the air hose.

MAKE SURE that you get 3/8" fittings NOT 1/4" ones! They cost more, but the larger interior opening will let more air through. 2cents

illtemper

dk8019 said:
Not to change the topic, but what in the world is that in your profile picture illtemper?
just an old crewcab GMC with 2 rear 14bolts and a flatbed. kinda like a baby deuce. my daughters and I built it,it's a beater but fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks