• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air outlet for compressor

Boatcarpenter

Do you guys that don't have fording kits have the outlet for the air compressor on the backside of the air filter housing plugged. I'm wondering if that would let enough air in so that the 2x4 trick over the main inlet wouldn't work to stop a runaway engine.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good point BC.
If you want to keep a permanent connection for the compressor, you should be able to, I have had the compressor air inlet hooked up for a couple of years and thousands of miles without a problem.

patch

Here's another good reason to put the hose on your air filter housing- Found a mouse nest in mine when I went to start the truck after a few months. Looked like they used part of the passenger seat for the nest. Mushroom cap was on tight... Damn those rodents can get in the smallest places.

moreorles2

BC- I was able to locate the entire TM 9-2330-209-20 series in 7 PDF files that you are looking for in the Classifieds. They are too big to send via email. PM me your mailing address and I'll burn a CD and send if via snailmail if you still want them. Thanks again for your input. :roll: :roll:

moreorles2

BJorn- sorry to be a pest- I was under the impression that the 2nd external hose on my deuce was for the compressor. After looking again on the TM suggested by Boatcarpenter- I realize that it is the crank breather hose- not the compressor hose that is external to the cowl along with the air intake. The previous owner ran it out the passenger air vent. However- I do not believe that this is kosher. Anyone have the fording kit installation instructions with a template for where a second hole has to be drilled in the side panel? Thanks all....

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
moreorles2 said:
BC- I was able to locate the entire TM 9-2330-209-20 series in 7 PDF files that you are looking for in the Classifieds. They are too big to send via email. PM me your mailing address and I'll burn a CD and send if via snailmail if you still want them. Thanks again for your input.
M,
Did you mean TM 9-2320-209-20 series? Or is there manual I may be missing?

thx.

Bjorn, WHY DO I SUSPECT the smile on your face during that crossing was huge? Great pix, whoever took it!

jim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Including the HR there are 17 manuals in the most recent 209 series. The 65 dates series has 5. I just updated the 209-10 stuff to include 209-10-1 thru 209-10-4 and put the HR manual in too. I didn't realize that all the other 209 manuals are not on this site. I'll go ahead and start adding them when I can to complete the series. Magnus580 has one of my old 1965 209-10 manuals that he is duping to PDF format. It has the M44A1 trucks as well as the gassers. It's going to take me a while but the good news is that I have them all! BC, are you looking for anything specific on manuals?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenneth,
On the CD that I got from Robert (rdixiemiller) there are 21 209 manuals including the HR. Some of them are multi sectional, so maybe that's the difference.

This CD has been INVALUABLE to me. Kudos go to Robert (rdixiemiller) for doing this. And if you own a deuce AND don't have this CD, you are missing information, I'd bet money.

jim

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget your little PS Magazines, they were given "TB" status 15-20 years ago.
"PS" stands for Post Script in the true sense of the word and adds/corrects info that you find in the TM's.

I got a CD from Military Media Productions for about $20 a few years back and it contains 28 manuals. There must be many more out there on the deuce since I also have a few not listed on that CD.
Some are FM's, though.

Jim: My son took that picture, its a frame from the video.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't count the LO, trnasportability guidance, and a few TBs for things such as the center mount troop seats and the like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks