• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pack Help

clayne2014

I thought I was done with airpack install but found a leak when bleeding. In the attached pictures you will see the flare type fitting I was trying to use. This came on the end of the stock Napa steel line I bought. this fitting is about 1/2 inch overall, with 3/8 inch of thread. You can see on bottom side of hex that it was hitting airpack before end of fitting was all the way down. When tight, I could still move line up and down about 1/8 inch. The other picture will show the area of pack that I am talking about. Not my pack but just for illustration.
Nut.jpgAir Pack.jpg

rmgill

You need a longer steel nut. They're out there. I got a replacement line from the master cylinder to the air-pak for my rebuild a month back and found the right nut length.

dmetalmiki

You need a longer steel nut. They're out there. I got a replacement line from the master cylinder to the air-pak for my rebuild a month back and found the right nut length.
ditto, One reason it is handy to keep a box of (various) brake and grease nipples handy.

bonedoc

How about a copper crush washer? I found needed copper crush washers on my brakeline fittings that went into air pack and master cylinder