• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air pack locked up.

rustystud

I put them all around.
Do you have the dual "Long style Air-packs" or the " Short style Air-packs" ? I'm curious as I want to put the 1.5" wheel cylinders all around on my truck, and I want to use the Short style air-packs. I'm hoping they will have enough fluid capacity to handle the larger wheel cylinders.

Clay James

I have the long air pack. Just one since it's still single circuit. I'm looking into alternatives to get modern dual circuit brakes and do away with the air pack all together. Having to deal with malfunctioning single circuit brakes in the mountains really turned me off to the whole idea.

rustystud

You can still go with the military dual air-pac design . I mean think about it, how old is your brake system ? It has lasted this long, so if you upgrade to two new or rebuilt air-pacs and master cylinder and new brake lines, your system should last another 40 years or more ! There is no need to get all crazy and reinvent the wheel here with all modern brake components crazy-glued and duct taped together. Just use what should go there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks