• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air pack

redass73

I was trying to remove the pipe plug from the rear of the air pack..It's not even trying to turn, is it ok the heat it up to remove this plug...thanks...Dont wanna melt anything down.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
If I recall correctly, (and I may not, haven't had to work on one recently) the rear of the air-hydraulic cylinder is a zinc diecasting - hence heat would not be good. Check my memory with a magnet before applying heat.

HTH,
David Doyle

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can get a small impact in there, it usually works very well.
In case it all goes South, the cylinder comes off and you can rework the port, put in a bigger plug or whatever.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to use heat to get one out. Just gotta be careful. The threads came right out with the plug. Now it's threaded 1/4" NPT and has a brass plug with antiseize on it.

5tonpuller

I think there is a air line that emptys into it. I unscrewed that and put a little of that oil in there. Reinstall the line and worked the brakes. Mine is also stuck and rounded. Was going to just drill it and re thread it. Maybe after the wheel bearing nightmare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks