• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pak Rebuild

Gunfreak25

Seems these can be very difficult to find for the GMC AIR PAK. Nobody I know of has them. From what I have heard other kits for other AIR PAK's can be used but there is usually 1 or 2 seals that are not compatible. Has anyone recently rebuild theirs and with what?

Oldfart

2nd answer first. Compressed air over hydraulic.

I am working on the air pack booster parts/supply myself. I just contacted another MVCC member in Colorado Springs who runs a mobile brake service. We had a discussion at the airshow and he opined he had some rebuild kits in stock. Turns out the kits were not for the GMC booster. He is looking for rebuild kits or individual major parts like seals and I am getting ready to pull the booster. If he finds a source I will post you.

tjmilitary

the air pack kits from the 5 ton will work. There is one seal that is not the same otherwise pretty much all there. Its been a while since I have done one but it does work as long as that one seal is still ok in your pack or can find it somewhere like motion industries. I still had a couple kits a few years back but have since used them and have not see any for sale in quite a whiile. if you cant find the correct kit the 5 ton will work.

Oldfart

the air pack kits from the 5 ton will work. There is one seal that is not the same otherwise pretty much all there. Its been a while since I have done one but it does work as long as that one seal is still ok in your pack or can find it somewhere like motion industries. I still had a couple kits a few years back but have since used them and have not see any for sale in quite a whiile. if you cant find the correct kit the 5 ton will work.

I had heard that the M35 deuce looked similar to the M211/M135 air pack, but was different internally. Then I have heard the 5 ton air pack had some of the same internal parts as the M35. If I understand your post correctly, you are saying the 5 ton air pack kit will cover most of the parts for the M211/M135 air pack. Have I understood correctly?

A while back I bought an M54 frame with some parts attached and that air pack is included. Could I assume that air pack might work on an M211/M135?

Gunfreak25

I am about 90% sure that the M35 air packs and 5 ton air packs THEMSELVES will not work. It's the internals of the 5 ton air pack that can be used on our GMC air packs. I briefly recall reading something about this on the board sometime way back.

Do you know exactly what model of 5 ton? I am assuming the "pre 800" series like the old M54's. Or are all 5 tons air pack rebuild kits the same?

CAPSARME

I am still sorting parts, and making lists, but i am 90% sure that i have a few air pack rebuild kits. There in the gasket crates i have, and I will see if i can get to them today or tomorrow. I have 3-4 crates of nothing but gaskets and sets of gaskets....

Gunfreak25

I am still sorting parts, and making lists, but i am 90% sure that i have a few air pack rebuild kits. There in the gasket crates i have, and I will see if i can get to them today or tomorrow. I have 3-4 crates of nothing but gaskets and sets of gaskets....
I don't know how much you would be asking a piece, but I would be interested in a rebuild kit. No rush though. :-D

Oldfart

rebuild kit

I too am interested in a rebuild kit for my M220 air pack. However, I do have time frames. I need to be running in time for the Denver St. Patrick's Day parade on the 12th of March.

Oldfart

What is the NSN for the air pack repair kits for these trucks? Is it 2530-741-0844? The box also has DA-20-113-AMC-10581T C=10/66. Just curious if this is the kit for the air pack.
Thanks Marti

I found this old post that wonders about the NSN. Not sure if this is the right number, but I will continue to research

flyxpl

Another airpack ? . I have a truck with new master , all the air out of lines . The pedal seems to come and go . I took the airpack apart and the internals looked brand new with no corrosion or dirt and everthing seemed to be well lubed and not stuck . One thing I did find that I think is wrong is that the side with the large spring and plunger on what I believe to be the air side had about 2-4 ounces of brake fluid in it . Do I need to rebuild my airpack . I am pretty sure I have no brake fluid leaks .

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can't find a rebuild kit, check with Alfa Heaven Inc. Home Page
I bought one from them several years ago and it worked out fine
with a little tlc.
Bruce
PS: Capsarme: I would be interested in a rebuild kit as well if you find any. Just PM me.

Oldfart

Another airpack ? . I have a truck with new master , all the air out of lines . The pedal seems to come and go . I took the airpack apart and the internals looked brand new with no corrosion or dirt and everthing seemed to be well lubed and not stuck . One thing I did find that I think is wrong is that the side with the large spring and plunger on what I believe to be the air side had about 2-4 ounces of brake fluid in it . Do I need to rebuild my airpack . I am pretty sure I have no brake fluid leaks .
I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately so I am no expert. I have yet to tear in to our Air Pack, but my consultations with our MVCC member who is a mobile brake repair shop did include a lengthy discussion about how the air pack can allow fluid to leak into the air side. This does require a rebuild according to our brake man.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks