• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pressure buzzer

jwcoop

The air pressure buzzer won't go off on my 923. Air pressure on the gauges is at 120 psi but the buzzer stays on. Is this likely a sensor problem or a buzzer problem? As always, thanks for the help. I'm with a volunteer fire department and we are converting the beast into a heavy duty brush fire truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both air pressure gauges are over 60 psi?

This is in the TM,
Do not put vehicle in motion until warning light is extinguished, and alarm (buzzer)

stops sounding. If air pressure gauges indicate less than 90 psi (621 kPa), turn

ignition and battery switches to OFF positions, and notify unit maintenance.

Failure to do this will result in injury or death.

aheilmann68

Does manually operating the roller switch that contacts the ebrake make a difference? Check continuity and find out it the swich might be gummemd up or there is a wiring issue. Not sure what the switch is supposed to be no/nc.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The roller is for the air brakes. on/off I was playing with it the outher day driving ( big back road) and pulled up on the roller. Let it back down real quick.lol

BlueSkyPIC

I had the same issue on my M923A2. It ended up being a broken ground wire. The number 57 wire in the TM. Take a look at TM 9-2320-272-24-1 page 2-158. Of course it was the last thing I checked.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same problem on my 923 when the temp is around the freezing mark. Parking brake handle down, I still have the flashing Park light and buzzer. I verified the park brakes were actually off by rolling backwards. It usually stops after about 10 minutes of driving. Every blue moon I'll have a slight delay of the buzzer and light going off in warmer weather.