• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air pressure gauge question....

Rusty nuts

When I got my deuce, the air gauge always only showed 60 psi but everything was working fine. The truck came with a non-military water tank on it and they had used a transfer case air shift switch to open the rear valve on the tank so I had a pressure gauge and plumbed it to the air switch and when opened showed right at 100 psi. So I assumed the original gauge was flawed and ordered a new one. I installed it this weekend along with a new hose and the new gauge still only shows 60 psi while the gauge I have plumbed into the air switch shows 100........any noughts of what is causing this? Is there a better location to tap to check the true pressure? I was thinking the tanks.

welldigger

Sounds like there could be a blockage of some sort in the air line feeding the gauge. Also if I remember correctly there is a check valve between the air tanks that opens after a certain psi. It could possibly be malfunctioning. Unless I am confusing that with the priority valve on the a3.

Last edited:

Rusty nuts

Both the air switch with gauge and the new dash gauge come off the distribution block in the center behind dash. May have a blockage in the block itself ??

welldigger

That is possible. Is there any way you could at least jerry rig the dash gauge into the line that is reading the correct psi? If so you can narrow down the problem. It is unlikely your new gauge is faulty but it isn't unheard of. Once you rule out the gauge itself it must be the air line feeding it.

Rusty nuts

I will try the old gauge on the air switch line tomorrow night and see what it says. It's just funny that the old and new gauge both show exactly 60 psi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks