• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air pressure gauge questions

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have bought all new gauges for my Deuce (for when it gets painted) and all I could find was the new style air pressure gauge (see pic below), with the 270°+ sweep. But my truck has the original style air pressure gauge (looks like a 120psi oil pressure gauge). Does anyone know where I can buy the original style?

And, if the original style air pressure gauge is not available, can I use a new 120psi oil pressure gauge? I seem to remember someone saying that pressure gauges are the same for liquid or air. And is the fitting the same on the backside?

Thanks

C

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I assume you meant to link to the 0-120 psi oil pressure gauge……..

And should I take that to mean that you can substitute an oil pressure gauge for the air pressure gauge?

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Oh man, that's right. I don't why I got it in my thick head that it was a mechanical gauge…….this old age ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Ah, now I remember what I was thinking. I think someone had said you could use an air pressure gauge as an oil pressure gauge if you wanted a mechanical guage with the correct appearance.

Ok, so is the original style air pressure gauge still available anywhere?

jwaller

the pic you have of the air press gauge is the one I have in my deuce. if you dont want to use it I will take it off your hands for my 5T. I like it in the deuce and it bolts right in. it's nice to see what air press you really have and not just a 120psi gauge thats pegged out.

houdel

I have a NOS old style air pressure gauge that I am using for a mechanical oil pressure gauge. It has been in the truck for about a month. I'd swap gauges with you if you want, only problem is it doesn't go down to zero, the needle stops at about 15 PSI. Other than that it works fine and gives me the same readings as the aftermarket mechanical OP gauge I had been using. It was reading zero when I got it, maybe it got some oil in it and that it what is stopping it short of zero. PM me if you are interested.

FreightTrain

Banned
If anyone has ever taken apart a mechanical gauge you will tell how they can be interchangable.The Workings is actually a coiled metal line in most.The pressure inside causes the line to slightly straighten out causing the needle to move.Just a little tidbit of useless information.

devilman96

oops sorry Clint yes I meant to post the air guage. . . The ones I have are the OEM type your looking for. I will get the right link for you when I am in front of my puter.

steelandcanvas

I think that gauge is superior to the old style unit. I know some of you guys are purists, but couldn't the old gauge have been replaced by a newer style unit with a MWO in an older Deuce? Just a thought.

jasonjc

:ditto:

But if you are wanting a truck to be as it would have been at a date in time, Then you must us parts that would have been there at that time.

If it just a driver/big toy it don't matter one bit. Put in what you like.
For that matter it's your's put in what you like no matter what. And tell'em I said you could.
Mr. John Doe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks