• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air pressure in 16 R20? what do you run?

ry57speedybird

what do you guys like to run for air pressure in the 53" 16 R 20- I know "max of 110psi" listed on the tire but wanted to see based on your experiences was the best pressure for both road and off road?

*bobbed m813* probably around 15k lbs best guess.

they have some hop to them at higher hwy speeds- when I got the truck they were at 60psi - I wondered if anyone has had better rides with different pressures.

what would you say is Min off road pressure to run in these?

*mounted on combat wheels.

thanks for the input.
:driver:

jwaller

I'd do about 50-60. I run 7o in my 818 and it tips the scales at 26k. you are light and high pressure will bounce you around badly.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run 35 PSI front and rear on my M923. Considering dropping that to 30 PSI.

The lower pressure improves the ride and causes the tires to wear even.

ry57speedybird

I run 35 PSI front and rear on my M923. Considering dropping that to 30 PSI.

The lower pressure improves the ride and causes the tires to wear even.
Thanks for the input- I might have phrased this question differently and gotten a different answer.

What would be considered the lowest operating "safe" air pressure. I wanted to drop down to 40ish psi and see if that helped the ride but didnt want to get into a "danger zone"
I know the 16/20 would usually be loaded heavier than a bobbed 5 ton. I wanted to see what you guys had experienced. Truck is mostly a road driver. Im getting ready for the poke to Duramtown

Thanks for the input.

Ridgerunner

I played with the air pressure game, and I run mine at 45psi rear and 50psi front. If I have them at 60psi, it starts crowning the tire some and the outer lugs don't realy touch much. (using the old chalk line wear indicator) The wheels are also 10" wide.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks