• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air pressure solenoid

tonidial

Can the air pressure solenoid be disassembled and repaired, or just replaced?
Any info on disassembling and repairing?

I'm having intermittent trouble with my air pressure solenoid cycling after the tanks have charged.

When I picked it up on Jan 8 tank #2 was FULL of water. Bled it on site 3 time to try and get all the junk out.

40 minutes into the 3.5 hour drive the solenoid went nuts and cycled on and off rapidly all the way home. It was raining so I found that opeing the air vavle on the wipers wide would quite it down some.

Until today I had no trouble with it. I drove it to work and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home. When I started the engine to head home, the solenoid went wacky. I bled the tanks to vent some air and it calmed while they charged. Then it finally settled down.

I'm certain my drive belt needs adjusting on the compressor (I hope to get to that tomorrow) and I have looked through the dash 20 manuals for help, but it only talks of replace and adjust.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i think you mean the air pressure governor, thay are cheap, get a new one from a big truck parts house, the governor gets gumed up and stick or the o-rings leak and crack

tonidial

Ok, I picked up a govenor today from NAPA that look the same as the OD Iron one... what does the abbreviated labeling on the ports mean? I figured out the exhuast port, but not sure what the labels on the other ports are.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
EXH...exhaust. Leave it open or put a vent cap in it. UNL...unloader. 3 ports, this is what tells the compressor to unload, or stop pumping. Plug all but 1 port, the open one will be plumbed to the unloder port on the compressor. RES... resivoir. 3 ports also, This line comes from the tank and tells the governor to send the signal to unload the comp. Plug all but one of these too

Attachments