• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air problem with 923

jd 9760

Guys I would like to clear a few things up. First of all thank you all for the help and Wheelspinner I didn't ignore your advise I simple got in a hurry and tried the first cheap part I came to that might have fixed it. However it did not and I assume that your original assessment was correct and I order the PPV today. I should get it tomorrow. So thank you again for your help. As for the TM's and searching threads on this site. I have still found nothing in the tm's about the protection valve other than a brief mention in one that explains what it does which I did not previously know. I found nothing on what it looked like or where it was located. Now having said that I am sure I did not look in every manual but after an hour of scanning page after page I was getting quit frustrated with the problem. On searching threads I tried that actually before I asked all of you but was getting no where fast there too. In the mean time I ran a Bing search which gave me all the info I needed complete with colored pictures and everything. One such search lead me back to this site to a thread that did not so up in my search but was quit helpful. I really do not have hours to search online and it only takes about 15 minutes to change out the governor incase you need to know that so in my mind that should have be the quick fix, didn't work out like I had planned. As far as fixing my truck I will get along fine. I farm for a living and not hardly a day goes by that I don't have a wrench in my hand for some reason or another so getting my hands dirty and taking something apart to see how it works is not something I'm afraid to do. I simple thought that since I have learned there is great knowledge on this site when it comes to these mv's that I would tap some of that to save myself the time and aggrevation of looking it up. No hard feelings here from me thank you for the help you gave me. I look forward to learning more from those on here as time goes on. Although a quick "it's on the wet tank" would have saved me about oh, 2hrs I won't hold tha against anyone. Thanks again

Last edited:

jd 9760

The solution to the problem was posted with in the 30 minutes of the OP's post.

He doesn't have hours to search, yet has hours to change parts randomly.

2 days have past and his problem is not fixed yet, because he changed the least expensive part.

He changed a cheap part instead of reading for free.

It takes less than 20 minutes to read the table of context for every single TM for the 939 series.

A general search for protection valve will yield the results needed to find the picture of it and the part number . A child could probably find it with a little common sense, in about 20 minutes, from the search results.

Sometimes the best help, is not doing someone elses work. At this point, the op will still be helpless when he has another simple issue. He needs to stop fearing the TMs, and get comfortable with them. They contain much more than we can share in the forums.
doghead, easy boy. this started out as a simple question and i'm taking a beating here. The tm's are confusing as **** and I tried the simple search for protective vavle and got no where. yes I changed the cheap part first shame on me but I got to work on the truck which I enjoy and this is a fun hobby for me so I don't get so rapped up in money spent or time wasted it's just fun you guys should lighten up a bit. Thanks I've enjoyed the ribbing and I have the info I need so on to the next project!!!!!!!!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't wait to meet you at a show or rally. I like you.:doghead:

And I'll help you with understanding the TMs. PM anytime, if you want to talk on the phone for issues like this.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the feedback. I would have been glad to share its location as soon as I had been asked. Agree that the TMs are difficult at best, but they do get easier. Go take a look at the last appendix, appendix H in Maintenance Manual Part 4. All of the schematics and air charts are contained right there in one place. You will visit there quite often.

zout

Beat me up all you want - but as well as the proceeding fellas in MV's were that have come and gone off this site - we are not responsible to help you get your MV fixed. I will not say assume - but firmly believe you have the TM;s in either hard copy or on your desktop to frequent daily if needed. If you have done that stating you have the TM and need further understanding of it is fine - those that just wish to jump in thinking and hoping for a quick answer for a fix they need to learn SYSTEM OPERATION on get this approach.

Easy BOY - DH is not a boy by any means and way more helpful and knowledgeable than I - and If you have extended yourself to learn he will help - if you want an easy fix you get part B.

Sometimes folks getting these MV by some means think we are responsible - got a clue for ya.

What gets me about this thread - drives it around - has no clue of how air systems work - changing parts randomly - got a clue for ya

Heck - folks can't even stop asking what that plug is in the bottom of their bellhousing is for nor stop posting auctions on here.

jd 9760

Thanks again to everyone and wheelspinner just to confirm you were right the PPV solved the problem and she's working great now. I also changed the canister on the dryer while I was in there. The one on the truck was painted over so I assumed it was not part of the 2010 rebuild on this truck. When I removed it there was just and what looked like sand or blasting media under the canister against the gasket and the inner element was a burnt orange color like rust so I'm glad I changed it too. Thanks again guys!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks