• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air pump rebuild questions

Lonesome715

I just got off the phone with a place in OR that will sell me the complete gasket and sel kit for $36 shipped. But, my question is do I have to replace the rings and hone the cylinders if I pull the jug to replace the gasket?

Lonesome715

This is the air pump I have torn down and I have already made some mistakes. From what I have researched so far it is a Midland twin cylinder base mount. I did finally find a company that can get me the parts but I only found one. I was hoping you all might know of some others so I can compare prices. Also, what are the torque specs on everything? And now for the biggest mess up I made. When I pulled the rotating assembly apart I got the pistons and caps out of order. I know that was a big screw up but right now I need to know how to fix it. I do not know which cylinder goes with which piston and with cap goes with which connecting rod. The cylinder walls look great and you can still see the hone marks on them. Being since all that looks new, do I still have to replace the piston rings? Any help will sure be appreciated; I have to get this slapped back together quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Attachments