• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Reservoir/Compressor stats M35

gunnersmate

If anyone could refer me to a TM that's has more information specificly on the air reservoir, it would be really appreciated because I can't find anything.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off you need to add a state to your location (site rule) before you get spanked by the moderators .

Post #2 of this thread will give some basic answers.
[h=1]Air system questions[/h]
A search for " deuce air system cfm " will give you 277 results should be able to find what your looking for .

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I can run lots of stuff off the air system. You just have to understand that its not "shop air". It will accomplish any of my needs, just not as quick as at home.

icecreamman

I work in the projects with a railway beside them. I want a set of train air horns mounted under my truck. I have no idea of the cfm needed at what pressure is needed just for short bursts.

Last year, a Bubba in a Cummins sitting at a red light beside me shook my car with an air horn.

Grunt Grunt, Must have.

welldigger

I work in the projects with a railway beside them. I want a set of train air horns mounted under my truck. I have no idea of the cfm needed at what pressure is needed just for short bursts.

Last year, a Bubba in a Cummins sitting at a red light beside me shook my car with an air horn.

Grunt Grunt, Must have.
You will empty the deuce air tanks rapidly with a train horn.

welldigger

The proper way to handle a large user of air (like your horn) is to have a dedicated air tank for it's use. By plumbing it in with one-way check valves you will eliminate the possibility of draining your brake tanks.
Exactly. Even after doing that you can watch the air pressure guage fall if you hold the horn button down. My buddy put a set on his bobber. Those things use some air. But they are cool.

icecreamman

I figure I could get a refrigeration liquid receiver and adapt it for this use. The newer ones are rated for 500psi. I only want it for short bursts like when these "Fast and Furious" cars decide to turn left in front of or almost cut off my 13,500lb vehicle:)

oddshot

I can run lots of stuff off the air system. You just have to understand that its not "shop air". It will accomplish any of my needs, just not as quick as at home.
Yep. Easily enough air to change a tire. I've done it any number of times.

This being said, recently somebody gave me an oxygen bottle for a welding/cutting outfit. I haven't looked up the gallonage, but its about 4 feet tall.

I have a good O2 tank already. I find myself wondering if I could use it to replace the two small tanks on my Deuce.

It might save me a little room for other stuff down in the basement between the chassis rails of my bobber.

oddshot

I figure I could get a refrigeration liquid receiver and adapt it for this use. The newer ones are rated for 500psi. I only want it for short bursts like when these "Fast and Furious" cars decide to turn left in front of or almost cut off my 13,500lb vehicle:)
I wonder if a 20 gallon propane tank would be enough for a horn. I've turned any number of them tanks into portable compressed air tanks for airing up race car tires.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your truck has 2 tanks for a few reasons.

Changing to one would not benefit you as much as simply adding a third for more volume.

There should be a bunch of threads on this, I recall several people doing this over the last 7 years or so.

icecreamman

@ Oddshot, perfect size and shape, its only about 120-150cubic feet rated for 1500psi per clouded memory? IMO, drilling and tapping for a condensate drain might be a little difficult due to the thickness of the walls. Vertically mounted valve down might make the installation look a little strange looking. Just my opinion.

icecreamman

@ Oddshot, Find a friend into heavy commercial refrigeration that has access to 150# r22 or r404 cylinders. The cylinders are about the same size externally but the walls are only about 3/16" thick and are rated for 500psi. $50 deposit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks