• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Ride Seats - best place to tap-in for running air to seats?

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Got to hook up my air-ride bucket seat. Not too familiar with M929 auxiliary air layout yet. Need to tap in 1/4 pvc line to emergency air line. Haven't looked yet, but maybe there is a aux valve under the driver's dash like there is on the M809 series. Even though, that might not be the best place for hook up? I did not think there would be enough cab room for one of these seats, but there is. It's a nice fit!

Need someone to point me in the right direction for hook up.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There isn't. You need it to be on the pressure protection side of the truck as well as a regulator afterwards. Just to the drivers frame rail side under the truck right next to your 6x6 shift linkage and the big low range engagement washer. There is a 4 way block there with 1 line (yellow) being a feed(rear side) 1 going to the front (front side) The top fitting goes to the linear valve there with the washer on it, the bottom one goes to the interlock solenoid on top of the transmission. You can take any one of those lines and cut it and add in a 3 way T push lock DOT air connector and run the line up to your regulator in the cab and to your seat.

jaws4518

Cold Beer
There isn't. You need it to be on the pressure protection side of the truck as well as a regulator afterwards. Just to the drivers frame rail side under the truck right next to your 6x6 shift linkage and the big low range engagement washer. There is a 4 way block there with 1 line (yellow) being a feed(rear side) 1 going to the front (front side) The top fitting goes to the linear valve there with the washer on it, the bottom one goes to the interlock solenoid on top of the transmission. You can take any one of those lines and cut it and add in a 3 way T push lock DOT air connector and run the line up to your regulator in the cab and to your seat.
Will do. Regulator in the cab? Does that exist, or do I have to add one? My HEMTT seat has the air valve button on the front of the seat frame. I don't see any safety or regulator valve under the seat. Just letting you know what I'm working with. I look again though. The push button valve might have a safety release on it. I'll go check it out again.

Thanks! I'll be looking for your reply.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Can I get this T at Lowe's or Home Depot, or do I go to NAPA or truck/trailer supply?
Napa would have the T or a hydraulic shop You need to add a regulator. Your seat does not need 120psi of air. It will blow the bag if you give it too much air

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Napa would have the T or a hydraulic shop You need to add a regulator. Your seat does not need 120psi of air. It will blow the bag if you give it too much air
Got it! Seems like it was rated for 120 on the spec. plate. Regardless, I will put a reg. on it. Thanks for the info.

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Okay, after looking I'm not sure which one? It sounds like you are talking about the low-range actuator valve with the roller arm on it? Is that Correct? Here are some pictures... you point me to the right one. Shoot, all of my hoses are painted green. I guess there will be yellow underneath.

20180908_154101.jpg this one is up against the frame =>20180908_154151.jpg
...these are ahead of the last moving forward => 20180908_154233.jpg 20180908_154337.jpg 20180908_154324.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Picture # 1 the linear valve. Has a 4 way block on the frame rail that feeds it. just right beside it. It is almost dead center of the spare tire carrier on the frame rail. It will be small

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is about 3 inches in front of the forward bracket on the drivers side frame rail.
Where the blue line and fitting are. That is your transfer case mount there with the zip tie on the blue line

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Picture # 1 the linear valve. Has a 4 way block on the frame rail that feeds it. just right beside it. It is almost dead center of the spare tire carrier on the frame rail. It will be small
That must be this one then... 20180908_154151.jpg That's a 4-way block right there against the rail under the spare tire carrier. Mine has a two port extension on it. That's all the better, right? ****, I've got two aux ports to play with... If this is the one you are referring too? It's the only quad in that area. Should the hoses be yellow underneath the paint?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That must be this one then... View attachment 740861 That's a 4-way block right there against the rail under the spare tire carrier. Mine has a two port extension on it. That's all the better, right? ****, I've got two aux ports to play with... If this is the one you are referring too? It's the only quad in that area. Should the hoses be yellow underneath the paint?
Yes. Yellow means pressure protection side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Yes. Yellow means pressure protection side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Nope! My bad... I found the 4-way tap you speak of. It was buried in a dark place under many air lines. Anyway, I guess I could use that 2 port extension tap off of the next quad up the line and make a cleaner install with one additional port.

Anyway, thanks! I'll look things over and see what I want to do.

74M35A2

If it is rated for 120psi then no regulator needed.

Too bad not an a2, could tie it into the CTIS, then you could do run-flat with it.

jaws4518

Cold Beer

Too bad not an a2, could tie it into the CTIS, then you could do run-flat with it.
What does an A2 and CTIS have to do with my airing up my butt?:-D Sorry, not following you on that... Sounds like a good idea for what ever it is...?:beer:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

You want a regulator just like you want a PPV on an air ride seat. It doesn't need 120psi air but if the bag goes to leaking air or a massive air loss from it atleast you can turn the regulator down to 0 and continue to drive with minimal air loss.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got that right. I'll put a regulator on it. I don't need a bleed-off problem because the air pillow decides to spring a leak.
That is why you carry electrical tape or vice grips with synflex. Cut it bend it over and clamp with tape or vice grips. I tapped into the air and so have others in the cab at the back wall. I did not add a regulator. There are three fittings down by your right side coming out of the floor by the high low range. The fitting closes to the back wall is supply and I just cut it in the middle and added a 1/4 T. Never had a problem so far.
The true dot push lock fitting is more than the cheap one at HD but I much rather spend a couple dollars more than worry about it.

Last edited:

jaws4518

Cold Beer
That is why you carry electrical tape or vice grips with synflex. Cut it bend it over and clamp with tape or vice grips. I tapped into the air and so have others in the cab at the back wall. I did not add a regulator. There are three fittings down by your right side coming out of the floor by the high low range. The fitting closes to the back wall is supply and I just cut it in the middle and added a 1/4 T. Never had a problem so far.
The true dot push lock fitting is more than the cheap one at HD but I much rather spend a couple dollars more than worry about it.
Sounds good! That would be so easy too! I think that pillow is rated for a 140 lbs, I think? I don't think it will blow on 120 lbs, but you know when you have topped out anyway.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
why not T off before the air horn button?
Be a long way to run an air line from up on the firewall in the engine bay back under the cab and up into the floor. That block he tapped into feed the air to that same place way before it gets up there to the firewall

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks