• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Ride Seats - best place to tap-in for running air to seats?

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Be a long way to run an air line from up on the firewall in the engine bay back under the cab and up into the floor. That block he tapped into feed the air to that same place way before it gets up there to the firewall
He's talking about a T off of the 1/4" supply line for high-low transfer on the floor (right-side) of the driver seat.

"There are three fittings down by your right side coming out of the floor by the high low range. The fitting closest to the back wall is supply and I just cut it in the middle and added a 1/4 T."

That make sense?Sounds good to me unless I'm not aware of something...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
He's talking about a T off of the 1/4" supply line for high-low transfer on the floor (right-side) of the driver seat.

"There are three fittings down by your right side coming out of the floor by the high low range. The fitting closest to the back wall is supply and I just cut it in the middle and added a 1/4 T."

That make sense?Sounds good to me unless I'm not aware of something...
No. You never use air lines that are part of the brake system to supply anything but the brakes. Only the large rear 1/2" red line supplies air from the Kn21000 valve behind the drivers step. That feeds the spring tank as well. The middle line in that series of 3 is a vent and is white. The front line allows air to pass thru to the spring brake valve in the drivers step. It only has air with the e brake off.

The air horn is on the firewall on the passengers side. Long ways.

The transfer case has no air supply on that lever

jaws4518

Cold Beer
No. You never use air lines that are part of the brake system to supply anything but the brakes. Only the large rear 1/2" red line supplies air from the Kn21000 valve behind the drivers step. That feeds the spring tank as well. The middle line in that series of 3 is a vent and is white. The front line allows air to pass thru to the spring brake valve in the drivers step. It only has air with the e brake off.

The air horn is on the firewall on the passengers side. Long ways.

The transfer case has no air supply on that lever
Hey, just came back in to reply back that I just saw that. Ah ****, you beat me to it though. I totally understand that's a no go! My first mental picture was "oh yeah" those lines are right there. I've been painting my troop seats and just finished them, so it wasn't until just a few minutes ago that I looked at this situation. ****, that ain't high-low transfer air... that's parking brake air! No, I'll tap in to the quad as previously discussed.

I stand corrected!:eek:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks