• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air ride seats for my Deuce

toddm

I just bought two matching air ride seats from Hribar Trucking in Sturtevant, WI. I am going to have them recovered so they don't look so out of place. My son rides with me on a regular basis and I had a chance to sit on the passenger side last summer and I must say my boy is great, he never complained once about being uncomfortable. I don't think I lasted 10 minutes before I was whining how uncomfortable it was. I must be getting old and crabby or something! I'll keep the old seats in case I want to return it to stock. I have to wait until April to get the truck out of storage, can't wait! Thanks Todd

Attachments

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I bought a set of bucket seats out of a Dodge Neon for 50 bucks and it was a great investment.
I installed them in my M109 (since sold) and they took a lot of the jarring and bumps out of the ride.
I have a set of air ride Freightliner seats to go in the M915 but there is a lot more room in that cab.
You may have issues putting them in a deuce.

Stan Leschert

Get the ride height right. If you don't you will have wasted your money. Measure the low minimum height and the Max overall height. As long as you still have air cushion within these desired parameters, you'll be OK. The MFRs who try to bodge our custom trucks together allways screw this up. Yes we get new expensive trucks, with all of the features, but they do nothing for comfort, unless set up right. Buy your local highway truck repair guy a beer, and get it right. TRUST ME. It is way cheaper this way!

toddm

I installed them yesterday and the drivers side seat still has plenty of cushion under it when I'm driving. Any passenger that I have will be much more comfortable. I am going to keep the stock seats so if I sell the truck someday it can be returned to stock if they want to. It also seems that I have trouble spelling Deuce!

Attachments

Last edited:

toddm

What did those seats come out of?
I would assume an over the road semi, as the place that I bought them from buys and sells a lot of wrecked trucks. I couldn't tell you exactly what kind of a truck they came from, but they are National Seating seats. We have a Freightliner FL70 at work and the seats in that have a shorter base and would work a lot nicer. But I checked around and they are pretty pricey for a pair.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to consider installing a limiter strap, so the seat cannot touch the steering wheel(in case of an air valve failure or a big bump when you need to make a turn).

baxter

toddm where did you tie in your air lines ? Do you have any photos of the air lines? Im puting in a seat this wekend and would like some ideas of how you ran your lines. Thanks

Vaugn

toddm

we've got limiter straps on all of our new firetrucks for that very reason, and they have tilt and telescoping steering wheels too
I have a limiting strap already to install just for that reason also, thanks. I plan on running the air line under the cab to the firewall on the drivers side. Then I'll hook into the air coupling that goes to the air-o-matic steering. I haven't done that yet, so no pictures.

bubba_got_you

I installed them yesterday and the drivers side seat still has plenty of cushion under it when I'm driving. Any passenger that I have will be much more comfortable. I am going to keep the stock seats so if I sell the truck someday it can be returned to stock if they want to. It also seems that I have trouble spelling Deuce!
Wow a whole inch lol there is a deuce steering wheel in one of my 5 tons and (im a big guy) I have a hard time getting in. Once im in its fine but I have to push the seat down to get in. looks sweet though! If the spring seats in my truck get old I may get air ride.

wbdodgeiv

I got an air seat from ebay, I ended up having to cut 3" out of the base and the air bag, what a pita. I physically could not fit under the steering wheel with it deflated. I got it not for ride quality but to be able to lower it to get out of the truck. I replaced the stock seat with a high back adjustable seat, which the seat cushion is twice and thick as stock, I can just barely fit under the wheel with the spring seat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks