• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air ride seats ?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Not really any room for them the seat mounts right to the cab floor on slim brackets. The cab itself has an air ride feature. There are 2 rear cab air shocks, one on each side, controlled by a knob on the hyd manifold and the cab front pivots with the air shock movement. Its a pretty comfortable ride.

Johno176

I picked up a couple of HEMTT air seats at auction awhile back, and installed one in the driver spot and it fit good with just alittle modification to the mounting brackets. The stock seat for me was to low. I like a higher ride and the new seats have alot of adjustments. I will try to get some pics this weekend and post.

radbad

Not really any room for them the seat mounts right to the cab floor on slim brackets. The cab itself has an air ride feature. There are 2 rear cab air shocks, one on each side, controlled by a knob on the hyd manifold and the cab front pivots with the air shock movement. Its a pretty comfortable ride.
Suprman - I've been wondering how to adjust the air ride for the cab. Actually, my understanding is that it's air leveling. As I read the manual, you can adjust the leveling valve to correct any left-right lean. My ride is rather bumpy - obviously this isn't a luxury vehicle, but there are some bounces that I would think these air springs could smooth out. Is there a way to adjust the pressure in the air springs to give it a softer ride? Or am I missing something else on the truck (i.e. there is a different system I'm not thinking of).

Thanks!
Brian

1951M1078

Any chance for the photos ?

I picked up a couple of HEMTT air seats at auction awhile back, and installed one in the driver spot and it fit good with just alittle modification to the mounting brackets. The stock seat for me was to low. I like a higher ride and the new seats have alot of adjustments. I will try to get some pics this weekend and post.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is a control on the hyd control that turns the air springs on and off. They are air leveling but they do a good job of absorbing most bumps. Bottom right knob push in and twist.
Will

Johno176

Here are a few pics of the air seat in my truck. I got two but so far only installed the drivers side. The seats are pretty high backed and I think the passenger side back window would be blocked, so I haven't decided if I will install that one.air seat 1.jpgair seat 2.jpgair seat 3.jpgair seat 4.jpg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Look like hemtt seats. I am tall I like the headroom. I think that would be too high for me. Compared to a m939 truck the lmtv rides like a caddy.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The air ride seats that have the lumbar support out of the 939 series ROPS trucks will work in an LMTV quite well.

coachgeo

Having done a good bit of off roading.. IMHO if you're building an Expo-ish rig you want a seat with some good side seat bolsters. Otherwise it is one **** of a workout as your constantly instinctively trying to bring to vertical your upper torso (Righting muscle groups) as you roll left and right along with tiring out other opposition muscle groups working to isolate/balance the righting response muscle groups from the steering muscle group. Good side bolsters on the seats will tend to reduce this amount of work cause pilot will just lean into the bolsters for support as rig rocks left and right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks