• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air ride suspension

Eastern Front

Has anyone here actually installed a airbag system?
I have a 925, drove it from the everglades to SC, hit some real bad roads at one point almost lost control after being launched in the air.. 55mph isn't a big deal really until you hit crappy roads!
Would love to get rid of these springs and go to bags...

canadacountry

i don't have anything specific to say about suspensions but i'll note that in at least one type of suspension you still have the classic leafs but then at one of either end of the leaf is an airbag setup instead of direct leaf-to-chassis shackle attachment

Eastern Front

i don't have anything specific to say about suspensions but i'll note that in at least one type of suspension you still have the classic leafs but then at one of either end of the leaf is an airbag setup instead of direct leaf-to-chassis shackle attachment
I have no idea what you are talking about....

Lukes_deuce

From my research, there i no direct air bag replacement for the suspension on our trucks. I dont see how the geometry would work out. An air bag set up with need to be custom, like the above black truck, or replace with a commercial variant. Ive seen a proto-type 931a2 with a factory air bag system. I think they only made a few to test and then did not make it to production.

Eastern Front

There are a few guys that did it on their 939 class trucks.. I think Hendrickson has a system, the 5 tons are not unique in the suspension, alot of commercial trucks have the same thing, just a question of which...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks