• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Shift Indicator Light Doesn't Work

toddm

I have looked at all of the older posts on air shift selector switches and can't seem to find my problem. The indicator light for the air shift front axle did work for a couple of years and then it decided to go out, I checked the bulb and there is power going to the air sending unit on the switch. But no power ever gets to the bulb. The axle engages perfectly otherwise, I guess it's just annoying me that the light does not work. I would think it's just the sending unit and I have looked around a little for one but haven't found one yet. Thanks much, Todd

toddm

I just went out and jumped from the power wire into the sending unit directly to the light and it works that way.

Thanks, I will have to wait till tomorrow, the mosquitoes are getting really bad now.
Nos hit, remember the spray for Iola.
I don't remember if that switch is air or mechanically operated, either way it may take a little lite oil to get it to work. Most industrial air systems use an air line oiler to keep things working, so a Deuce may need the same for items such as switches and wiper motors.

toddm

I'll take it off and see what I can do with it. If the weather stays like this, bug spray will be a must. See you at Iola.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks