• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air shift install parts and t-case install.

Ditch Baby

when you say "with driveshaft"

is this because the one with the sprag unit wont work with the air, or because yours was damaged/missing.

Picked up a air shift a few days ago... going to tackle this project in a few weeks... trying to get all my ducks in a row so i dont have any surprises.

coondog

Installed my air shift transfer last week, hooked up the air on Monday, but not the electrical and left the switch hanging in the air and thought I would try it out in the mud. Got STUCK, Transfer would just popped when engaged. Is that because electrical wire is not hooked up?

coondog

Are there adjustments I need to make, or just a bad air shift transfer? No real click when I switched on but dumps air when switched off.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

coondog

Good lord! I wish there were more room to check the air ram, without dropping the transfer. I installed it by myself, on a rock driveway. I'm sure it would have killed an ordinary man, the first time.

coondog

Not a bad fix after all. Took bolt out of hi-lo lever, dropped transfer with 3 pieces of allthread, took out 4 bolts on air cylinder removed nut on plunger and flipped it 180 degrees and reinstalled. (only engaged about 1/16" before, after the plunger flip, engaged 100%) Works like brand new, went though mud like never before.

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cookie!

Good job on fixing the airshift. It is possible to take the air cylinder apart on the truck, including removing the piston. But now you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Dennis

coondog

Now, all I need is 4-20" wheels to mount my 1600x20 XL's. I tried to rob 4 M35A3 wheels, but that was alot of wasted work. As the back spacing was to much. I need 4" back spacing on 10" wide wheels. Donations Accepted !