• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air shift problem on m35

dozer113

On my duece when I activate the air shift the air bleeds pass the piston and vents out the top of my transfer case. Are there seals or o rings on the piston that would allow the air to pass bye? Any suggestions as to the cause of this problem?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You have been warned, if it is that air valve that engauges the front axle, they SUCK to work on, no room AT ALL!

dozer113

Yeah I worked on it a little and there is very little room. I pulled the top cover plate off the piston to make sure it was not stuck, everything looked fine and the piston did move, but your right, very tight quarters...

Bill W

The piston on my airshift was put in backwards but the seal still held air barely
Heres a pic for reference ( remember the pic show a backward install thicker part of piston should face out). There is a guy on e-bay selling a kit for these ( $37.50 ) if you can't find just the seal

Attachments

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you grind flats on the outside of a socket, you can use the socket and a wrench to remove the nut that holds the piston on. Then the piston and cylinder can be removed.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the cylinders on my air locker axles did the same thing after being in storage for years. i put some oil in the feed line and it fixed itself. almost the same arrangement, so i would certainly try that first.

tom