• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air shift transfer case for sale?

airmitch

Does anyone out there have a good air shift transfer case for sale?
The one in my Deuce is giving up the ghost.

Thanks guys.

JDToumanian

What is yours doing? I'm interested in their failure modes. I got a "depot rebuild" air shift and just finished putting it in instead of a sprag, and it's no good. It pops out of gear on deceleration, which pretty much means the gears are worn down. :evil: I removed the top cover to see if the detent spring, plunger and ball were intact and okay, and there was a stack of tiny washers on the plunger shaft, trying to increase spring tension. (But there was nothing wrong with the spring.) :!: :evil: :!:

Shiny clean paint and a rebuild tag doesn't necessarily mean anything!

I am planning to get a gasket set and open both up and swap parts between the two to make a good one... replacing anything that doesn't meet wear limits. My old sprag wouldn't engage, but it never popped out of gear. Fortunately the t-case/tranny TM was here on this site. Thanks Guys!

Good luck.

Regards,
Jon

Jimmy

Wigington surplus in piedmont S.C. has them for a very good price. They are very good people also. They advertise in Military vehicles magazine as well as Supply Line magazine from MVPA.

airmitch

My transfer case pops out of gear when decelerating in high range. I hear that its a typical wear problem.

Thanks for the source info Jimmy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks