• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air stop light switch

7mmTCU

Anyone know where I might find part #11602160. Erick's is out of stock. Found on on Ebay but the picture does not match the part#. One list in Israel but I don't think I want to wait that long! Saturn lists something but not sure. I'll have to call them. Pretty much other than that Google drew a blank.

If anyone on here has one I would be glad to buy it from you.

Picture attached of the part I need.

For anyone that might be interested I ordered what I thought was the right part, or so I thought, thru ODIron but it ended up being what must be the pressure switch for the alarm or something, not the stop light switch! The part I received is normally closed until air is applied. It is listed as Brake Switch, Updated Air Side Don't make the same mistake I made.

Thanks
Dean

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search the site for info on the brake system modification made by the govt.
I believe they moved the switch so it would last longer, from hydraulic fluid contact to air contact.

That is why OD iron's site says
"Brake PSI switch "updated" verson used on 2.5 and 5 ton air packs. NSN 5930-01-189-0494"

7mmTCU

Tony,

My truck has the air side update. The switch in the picture is the updated unit. Same one shown on Erik's web site.

Brake Light Air Operated Switch, M35/M54/M809/M939 etc, 11602160

Problem is he is out of stock and I really can't seem to locate one anywhere using Google, except for the one on Ebay that the description does not match the picture on the listing.

Hoping someone on here would know where to find one.

The one I took out (in the picture) leaks air when the brake is actuated. I grounded the Deuce until I can get a replacement. I don't take any chances when it comes to brakes!

Dean

jimm1009

I checked with Saturn on Friday of this week and they are in stock.

I'll add the link in a minute or two. NOTE: This is the kit and not just the switch.

jimm1009

He beat me to it. See below in next reply. It is a good deal but the shipping is UPS only so it is not fast getting to you.

Last edited:

rlwm211

Here are the part numbers that the NSN refers to:

SPFA-5RPP
7014-05

Any of these part numbers refer to a part that will meet the requirements of the NSN number. Maybe having more options will help...

I found the switch you need. It is on Saturn/s site. Here is the link to the page:

Saturn Surplus

The part is down the page a ways. There are two other switches but this is the one you want and it has the same part number you are looking for.

RL

Saturn also has the complete kit if anyone following this thread wants to change their hydraulic switch to an air one. It is on the first page of the M35 listings.

edit: Great minds think alike here and I see someone else is looking too. That's great! Got to help each other out.

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have picked up the N.O. switches for regular cars with spade connections not the mil. rubber boot type from the std. auto parts places. I don't have any part #s but they use the as fuel cut off switches for aftermarket fuel pumps. Same pipe thread.

It is what I used to get my brake lights working on my m35.

Just an idea

Jake0147

Tony,

The one I took out (in the picture) leaks air when the brake is actuated.
Dean
I believe this is the reason for the update, not reliability but failure. The same failure on the fluid port leaks brake fluid and drops the pedal to the floor. This one makes a "fix me" noise, but the brakes still work.

rlwm211

The reason I was told for doing the upgrade to the air operated switch is to eliminate the risk of a blown diaphram in the hydraulic switch allowing the brake fluid to be heated up and catch fire.

I saw this personally at the MTA this year. A deuce was parked, engine off, lights on, and a fire broke out at the hydraulic brake switch and could have grown to a point where it would have engulfed the entire truck. Fortunately there were plenty of alert people who saw what was happening and reacted quickly to avert disaster. Needless to say, this is a risk of using DOT 5.

As I said in a previous post, I opted to install the air switch kit when I had the Air Pack out for rebuilding.

RL

Last edited: