• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air System for the deuce

Gorilla33

Guys, I have a question about the air governor. Mine was bad and I replaced it with the bendix d-2 model. I followed all of the steps and it will not engage. I think I missed something simple. It just unloads through the exhaust port and will on engage or allow the pressure to get past 50lbs. Thanks for any help

Gorilla33

More specific The bendix d-2 has three reservoir ports ( air from compressor) three unloader ports, and 1 exhaust port. needs to be mounted with the exhaust port facing down and the unit is adjustable. From start of the deuce I am getting air straight out of the exhaust port and the unit does not want to engage to allow the pressure to build.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did you replace the original one? When you installed the new D2, you plugged all the unused holes except the vent, correct? Did you plumb the sensing line...the one comming from the tank or system pressure to the "RES" port and the center port..the one between the mount holes..to the air compressor?

Gorilla33

I replaced the original because when warm the unit would go into a mode of intake and exhaust rapidly like a constant clicking noise. I tried to reset it , adjust it, clean it ( 30 years of Texas sand embedded in it) and I finally gave up and got the new unit. I plugged all of the extra ports and I pressure checked it before and after installation. The way the diagram reads the "RES" ports are for the line from the air compressor and the unloader ports go out from there (horn, wipers, etc.)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The RES port is the sensing line from the system. When the system reaches 125 or so, the governor sends a signal to the unloader in the compressor to stop pumping through the center port, the one in between the two unthreaded through holes. Sounds like you might have things reversed. The 1/4 in. copper line from the compressor needs to be in the center port. The 3/8 copper line is the system pressure line...yes, the wipers and horn get their supply from there too... they should be put in the RES port.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks