• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air tank drains

bozozimbo

I have been trying to win a set of cable pull air tank drains for months ,on Epay. They always wind up going way past 40 dollars.
Yesterday I went to the Kenworth truck dealer here in Vegas. The parts guy sold me a complete set of two, with cables, for less than 20 bucks.
Ebay is nuts.

jimbo

bozozimbo

Agreed......I love Saturn Surplus. Ive bought bunches from them
I needed these right away as I'm about 4 days away from drving the truck to its new home in Utah. No....I'm not selling it...i'm moving too.

jimbo

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i went to napa, bought one for $6.00 or there abouts. (my m819 only has 1 drain), this came with cable, cable clamp spring loaded valve. i put a tee at the bottem off the tank so i could still have my left step petcock to dump the air and the spring loaded valve to dump the moisture, hope tihs helps someone, forget the ebay high prices, but someone will pay it

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
gary, ill get the part number and the price the next time i get by napa, probley fri. thats when i get off work early.

i think the whole install including the valve, a tee, other fittings ect .,was right at $10

i put a s hook on the end of the cable eye and kooked it in one of the holes in the running board(step) so as i get out i can reach down and just pull the cable, painted it all military green , you would never know that it was not factory

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
hi gary,
the air tank drain napa number is B12820( 26?) my hand writing isnt the best, the price is $5.99
starting at the top--reducer, nipple,tee,compression from tube to tee,valve on bottom of tee.
bought all the fittings at lowes, the valve at napa, i have about $10 into
it, hope this helps, ron

Attachments

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you can put the cable up along the step bracket, and the valve is higher then the airpack skid plate, id be more afaid of ripping a brake line if things got that high and rough rather then the the tank drain setup

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks