• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air tank install help

FreightTrain

Banned
ok,Not much on my Air system technology stuff but I want to install a rather large air tank on my deuce and a half and have the stock air pump fill it.I am going to power my train horns off this tank so I need a way to stop the horns from sucking the air from the entire system.Is there a valve that will allow air into the big tank but if the smaller tanks fall too low it will stop the flow so I don't suck my braking system dry?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FT, I don't think that's possible. You can put a check valve in the system so the pressure builds steady and the air won't be pushed back into the compressor discharge, but if you put a check valve in the tank facing the other way, you wont get air to the tank. The trucks we see at work are using the stock tank and the only way they take all the air out of the tank is if you leave the horn on for 30 or so seconds, that's a very long time for a LOUD set o horns! 1/2 inch pipe is used to plumb them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if you could use a solenoid valve similar to the one on the factory horns. Open it to fill the air tank and then leave it. Once you deplete the air, you can open it back up to refill the tank. Actually, thats probably extreme though. If you double your air reserve capacity you will be hard pressed to deplete your air supply unless you have a horn valve malfunction. Nice thing about having that is the extra capacity is useful with impacts and air jacks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks