• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air vac rebuild????

devilman96

Does anyone have experience rebuilding an airvac (brake booster, air over hyd) unit? I have a fluid leak starting and I see Saturn has kits available for them for 36$ (pic). But I am not sure if that kit does both side of the unit and or if anything else is needed?

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The kit does include replacement seals, springs etc for both the hydraulic and the pneumatic section.
Rebuild shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, just watch the spring loaded parts when you open it up!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you check out the PS Mag. Arts on the LH side of the SS home page. Go to the bottom rt of the page, to the "brakes" section. Look at the PS364 and 365 info.. 2nd and 3rd on the top line. There is a fix for an issue that causes leaks. My truck is doing just what the articles say. Let me know if it's easy to do the air pak!

Dieselsmoke

Bjorn is right, shouldn't take more than a few hours and the majority of that is in removing it from the truck itself. Use lots of the silicone brake fluid in the rebuilding process, coat everything nice and good is what I was tuaght and have had no problems after rebuilding them.

devilman96

LOL @ air soluble... I usually refer to em as "Jesus springs"...

The amount of knowledge this place tosses around is rather amazing at times!!! The rebuilding part I am sure I will have no problem with, you never know what your getting into until your in to it and I hate finding out a "kit" has only part of what your doing... Its nice to ask those whom know!!! :)

I will trace the lines as outline in the PS article while im pulling it and see what is going where...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 2 air packs in parts at the house. Both had a bad casting. One rusted and one hhad the threads wiped off. I put a short one in the truck but I still need to fetch a core for rebuild.

m.walker

I took apart the one on my M55 cleaned it , and put it back together with just an exploded diagram and it worked great ( just dumb luck ? ). They are very basic and straight forward just take your time and you'll do fine .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks