• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air windshield wiper maintenance

Jeeper10

I'm working on getting my truck ready for inspection. My wipers work but very very slowly and am in the process of changing the lines, they aren't leaking but very dry rotted. Is there any lube (maybe air tool oil?) that I can use to get them moving a bit faster or do I need to replace them? Thanku

Jeeper10

I ended i'll be taking them apart and cleaned them. They were pretty nasty Inside. Cleaned em, lightly lubed them and they both seem to work as they should. Cheers

dmetalmiki

That's what we did with ours. Replaced one set with electrics because the previous owner used penetrating oil to lube them, And jigged them up completely.

steelandcanvas

They will never stay parked anyway. Carry some .041" stainless safety wire with you so you can tie off the manual handle to keep the wiper arms parked.
I drilled a 3/16" hole in both manual handles and attached a black bungee cord between them. It keeps them from floating back and forth at "high road speeds". Also, applying a small amount of silicone to the rubber portion of the blade prolongs their life and increases their effectiveness.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks