• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

airdrop platforms

Edelbroke

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen an airdrop platform or skid (not sure of the correct name for them) that a Humvee would slide out of a C17 go through a gov auction? Do the new JLTV's fit the ones used for the Humvees? Or do these take such abuse landing that they are not reused? I would like to have 1 or 2 of them.
Thanks

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen an airdrop platform or skid (not sure of the correct name for them) that a Humvee would slide out of a C17 go through a gov auction? Do the new JLTV's fit the ones used for the Humvees? Or do these take such abuse landing that they are not reused? I would like to have 1 or 2 of them.
Thanks
The heavy air drop platforms are very well reused. They are very hefty pieces of equipment with some serious metal work done to them. There's different types though, maybe you're thinking of a standard 463L pallet? Those have gone up and members here have them.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen an airdrop platform or skid (not sure of the correct name for them) that a Humvee would slide out of a C17 go through a gov auction? Do the new JLTV's fit the ones used for the Humvees? Or do these take such abuse landing that they are not reused? I would like to have 1 or 2 of them. Thanks
You could have none as they are waster pieces. So Review attached.
Can not download complete so go see TM 9-4-48 or the attached.
View attachment fm4-20-107 HMMWV airdrop recovery.pdf

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks