• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airing the tires

TheWeatherMan

I know this is a strange question, I have noticed that my rear tires need air. Is there a trick to airing them up? Its difficult to get a tire pressure gauge on them let alone the air chuck. Does anyone have any advice? It seems that the thing to air them up is to take off the outer tires, but that is not practical or easy.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On some dual wheels, especially the ones with 10 & 8 studs, the holes in the wheels need to be aligned properly with the wheel studs, so those holes line up with the valve stem, on the inside dual. Otherwise, it might be difficult, or even outright impossible to air the inside tire.

Airing the tires is very important. A lack of care can lead to loose/dirty or improperly tightened valve core - all of which can lead to a tire run flat. When a "tube type" runs flat for just a little while, it will suck the valve stem inside the tire. Its a lot of work. A good driver is a very careful tire man.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is a strange question, I have noticed that my rear tires need air. Is there a trick to airing them up? Its difficult to get a tire pressure gauge on them let alone the air chuck. Does anyone have any advice? It seems that the thing to air them up is to take off the outer tires, but that is not practical or easy.

Any truck stop that has a store will have the proper dual-headed chuck for you to purchase.

Get the one with the glad hand and quick disconnect and you can take it with you or use it at home.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Several of the trucks I have bought have the valve stem extenders that screw onto the inner stem and extend outside the outer rim where you can geta chuck on it easier. I have several I am bringing to the GA Rally.

You can prob find them on EPAY or through MV vendors.

Katahdin

I split two clip-on hoses so I could inflate/equalize the air on two tires at the same time. The two chuck/hoses I bought at Tractor supply. With a little practice its no more a PITA to get it clipped on the inner dually then removing the inner valve stem cap. I added the whip hoses so I could get enough length to inflate the fronts at the same time, and a valve so I could do just one tire at a time. The regulator can be quick disconnected and/or used at either end of the air hose.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks