• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airlift bumper bracket

MOOSERABBIT

I have gathered most of the parts to put an airlift bumper on the m998, however I am unable to locate the inner brackets. My question is will the outer ones work. I've tried the search and cannot find anything.
Thanks
Gary

Stonewall

There are essentially three different supports. Inner Brackets, Outer Brackets, and Outer Braces. A popular auction site has several listings for the inner brackets and outer braces. The outer brackets are a bit harder to come by, and they come as left & rights. You do need the Outer brackets because the body of the hmmwv mounts to those. You could get away without using the inner brackets, but you do need the outer brackets.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure the bumper matches the frame bracket. If you have the a2 bumper with hole for teardrop shackle , you will need the bracket that has that hole also drilled. Don't ask me how I know.... or you can use the one without hole and drill your own.

MOOSERABBIT

I have found the brackets, but I see the interior braces, left and right, they have a different part number than the outside braces, those are the ones I cannot find. Are the outside braces a substitute?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks