• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airlift bumper install.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After installing brackets the frame tips stick out about 1/4 inch. Brackets are installed correctly with oval for body bushing. Is this normal. All videos I've seen of installs show them flush with frame. 20220311_192756.jpeg

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are horrible brackets. I never can win. You think a guy on eBay that has sold 40 sets would have some negative feedback. Nope. Tells me that it's normal. 20220311_211330.jpeg

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought the full bracket kit from seco today, do you know of an issue with it? I know they sell some junk, but it’s listed as NOS and I bought a rear seat belt and insulation kit from them and it was good.
Not going to badmouth someone that isn’t here to defend themselves but I will say that I bought a 4 man top kit and the rails were not the same and the c-Pilar was off. I didn’t use any of it and I ordered oem stuff. The stuff I bought was advertised as being oem and it was a really bad copy. Poor quality and I will never order anything else from them.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought the full bracket kit from seco today, do you know of an issue with it? I know they sell some junk, but it’s listed as NOS and I bought a rear seat belt and insulation kit from them and it was good.
Those SECO kits are oem from the look of it.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those SECO kits are oem from the look of it.
I will guarantee the top kits are not! I have a complete one in the garage to prove it. I know they have real stuff but this wasn’t it. The c-pillar is in one piece and the oem is not, roof rail holes didn’t line up with each other. Really bad so bad I spent the money to replace it because I didn’t want it on my truck. I know at least one member here that had the exact same issues with his

blutow

I will guarantee the top kits are not! I have a complete one in the garage to prove it. I know they have real stuff but this wasn’t it. The c-pillar is in one piece and the oem is not, roof rail holes didn’t line up with each other. Really bad so bad I spent the money to replace it because I didn’t want it on my truck. I know at least one member here that had the exact same issues with his
I'm not saying your top was OEM, but I understand that some of the OEM stuff isn't great. From what I've read, the Brenton tops were OEM, but it seems there are many reported issues with them. I ended up with an NOS (2009) GMA top kit and it was a single piece c-pillar also, so I'm not sure about that. GMA and Brenton are both OEM suppliers, but I understand that the kits are different.

On the airlift brackets, many of the postings I saw on ebay were suspect. Some of the postings showed the stamped part numbers and I'm guessing those were good, but I wasn't trusting any of the others. Showing a raw metal bracket (not OEM) without a stamped part number and then referencing a part number in an Ebay ad is borderline slimy to me. Referencing the part number is OK, but they should be called out as reproductions of that part number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks