• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

airpack/brake question.

midevilduece

I am under the truck getting ready to bleed the brakes, finally got the rear wheel cylinder replaced. I have gotten all the brake TM's. I am either blind or there is not a right hand airpack for the brakes on my duece. all the TM's are showing 2 airpacks. a Right and left, but I am only finding the one under the drivers area below the master cylinder. I followed the air lines and brake lines from the mc to the airpack. There is what appears to be an empty bracket where I believe the rh airpack may hang from but it isnt there. Are all dueces equipped with 2 airpacks? am I just not seeing this thing? I have found no terminated plubing for air or brake lines either.
T.I.A.
Rodney

searls84

Not all deuces had dual airpacks. I think I'm correct in in saying that most only had one, and only a few were retro fitted with duals. If not ill be corrected here shortly!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the factory, late model M35A2 trucks, many of which were from an USAF contract, have a split brake system (2 air packs). Their year of manufacture is between very late 1985 and 1987. A hint is the blue warranty sticker on the dash.

Trucks rebuilt into M35A3 trucks also have a split brake system (2 air packs).

mhassett

my 87 A2C has dual air packs. As I understand that was an Air Force spec.
All my ther dueces have a single air pack.
MHassett