• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airpack Rebuild Warning.

JCKnife

Don't know, but if the seals are not installed correctly, you'll end up with brake fluid inside the large air cylinder.....
Hmm, I did a rebuild a few years ago and this is exactly the problem I ended up with. Wonder if this was my failure point. I still have the bad airpack in a box somewhere. Out of frustration I just bought a new one.

wiggall

The following attachment is from TM 9-2320-209-34-2-1. This is the commonly available TM in PDF format that has rebuilding instructions for the air pack. The attachment is a page right from that TM. The "Note" at the top explains the difference between the piston cup and pushrod seal. The TM says the piston cup has the larger hole (see item 2). This is wrong. The pushrod seal has the larger hole and the piston cup has the smaller hole. This should help those rebuilding airpacks.
How hard is it to rebuild the air pack?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks