• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airpak in a box

Zaddict

I just got my first m211! Someone took airpak apart and broke casing and all I think is in a box. I have been reading everyone's research and experiments and success. I was wondering if anyone might have a extra casting?
I'm new to antique military vehicles but it is a truck. I must say everyone on this site has been amazing and very helpful.
thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the inside of the canister for pitting before you go any further. It needs to clean up very well. If all is good we should be able to provide some castings.
You can put a M35 air pack in it if you pull the check valve out of the master cylinder. It takes some plumbing

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi henderson, could you please go into a bit more detail. When I got my XM211 running I think I may have used an M35 airpack, but I didn't modify the master cylinder. So far it seems to work ok, but it hasn't been used a lot.
Thanks!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it has the check valve the brakes drag or won't release. Some newer masters seem to not have the check valve.

USMC 00-08

I just got my first m211! Someone took airpak apart and broke casing and all I think is in a box. I have been reading everyone's research and experiments and success. I was wondering if anyone might have a extra casting?
I'm new to antique military vehicles but it is a truck. I must say everyone on this site has been amazing and very helpful.
thanks
Glad to see you got on here with us! I will start digging for an airpak casting. Had a huge project going over the last 4 days and didn't get a chance to look for one for you. I will post pics later in my thread to validate my excuses. Ha!

If it has the check valve the brakes drag or won't release. Some newer masters seem to not have the check valve.
It is my understanding that the check valve in the G749 is in the airpak and not in the master cylinder. The M35 is opposite with the check valve being in the master cylinder and not in the airpak. I think this is why Bob Kettler said problems would occur if you use the wrong master cylinder. I think the master cylinder is interchangeable simply with the removal or addition of the check valve depending on your application. Each of us will have to make this decision for themselves.

I spoke with Memphis Equipment last year and they told me that they have been using M35 airpaks on G749s with slight modification to the plumbing. I didn't get any more details from them since I was able to rebuild my M135 airpak. I did make sure there was no check valve in my new master cylinder.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke with Memphis Equipment last year and they told me that they have been using M35 airpaks on G749s with slight modification to the plumbing. I didn't get any more details from them since I was able to rebuild my M135 airpak. I did make sure there was no check valve in my new master cylinder.
I spoke with Tom from Alfa heaven last summer. Same story.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks