• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

airsoft bb's with runflats??

rickta24

RE: airsoft bb

I just found the chart but I can't paste it on here cause I am temporarily researching via my phone. Punch this in google exactly:
chart how much airsoft bb's for balancing tires.
it should be the 4th one down. It says I need 8 oz per tire but with the runflats do I need more?

AJMBLAZER

Not sure with the runflats but as CC mentioned definitely don't use them if anything sticky and semi permanent is used to mount the tires. They'll all just stick to that. My tire place uses this specific goup that sorta "melts" or evaporates after application.

AJMBLAZER

Okay, I'll bite...why are you using the runflats?

The problem with Innovative's chart is they don't plan on you having a large magnesium or rubber runflat disc inside of the tire. Not sure how much that would affect the balance but I'm sure it does.

rickta24

they were free. I have to run something. I really want the dean reeds but I could not find them on his website.
i hate the runflats...too heavy.

Also I am broke. How much are dean reeds?

CCATLETT1984

with the hmmwv rims you need to use the runflats, or a beadlock of some kind. if you lower the air pressure or play offroad otherwise the tire can lose the bead (since 16.5's dont have much of a safety bead on the rim)

AJMBLAZER

Understand that I just am used to guys chucking the run flats ASAP for the various spacers and other measures of replacing them.

CCATLETT1984

depends on how much you want to spend, esp since the runflats usually come with the rims.

and DO NOT try cutting down the magnesium runflats for obvious reasons, huge fire that will melt metal. let alone it would be worse off balance wise.

rickta24

hopefully I will be able to replace them soon.
I prob won't even balance them with bb's until I can replace the runflats.
I am not a fan of runflats. I figure there is a reason everybody ditches them immediately.
I just can't afford an insert right now.

tacoma

Those runflats are aluminum/mag alloy. I don't think there will be a fire. I ground some with a grinding wheel. :D No flame. :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks