• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alabama meet and greet

Rubicon51

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know who we had in Alabama, thought we could meet up some time. What rallys or events do we have close to us that you go to? Isn't there a rally in GA? I tried looking it up but just heard mention of it here and there. Has anyone ever been to grayrock in mt. olive? Some pretty good riding there. The only thing about grayrock is there only opened maybe 12 times a year. If we had enough people to go there they will open a special event for us. Don't know what that magic number is but I can found out. What do guys think, are you in.

Thanks
Matt

Moody, AL

redneckabbott

Gray rock isn't far from me but I don't even have a deuce yet. My buddies step dad buys and resales all the time but he only has a 5-ton right now and thats his keeper. Gonna try and have one soon though. I'm in jasper btw

123mack

I belong to the Dixie Division and go to most of their rallies. the website, with calender is at ddmvpa.org. There are several of us in the Birmingham area, so a meet would be nice. Last year several of us got together and went to Aberdeen. It was my first time and we all had a great time.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Freightrain forgot to mention me (Wreckerman893) and Bama Lady are in the immediate area also.
We make up the local "Green Iron Sickness" support group.

Our motto is "we can stop anytime we want to".

There are several SteelSoldiers rallys nearby and several MPVA events.
The big MPVA meet is at the Battleship Alabama in the spring (I think) and there is one real close to you held at the Tannehill Ironworks in the fall.
I am going to try to attend both this year.
Brother Clinto hosts a rally every year in GA. Last year it was held at Durhamtown plantation near Madison, GA, and will be there this coming October.
I would say if you cant attend any other SS event you make Clinto's rally.
I have been to two and won't miss the next one.
PM me for contact info.

Rubicon51

I've only been to grayrock once, and the trails that I went down were wide enough for a deuce. I haven't been through the whole park, I think its something like 3,000 acres. If we can get some interest in going I can try to contact the staff at grayrock an get some more info. I don't have my deuce yet either, but my times a comin. I know that we can camp and everything there at the park. Theres alot that goes on at grayrock. When I went they had reps from rachero, superlift, and the like. And they were giving stuff away all day. I will look into, and post what I find this week. If you want PM me with some contact info.

FrieghtTrain,

You are not to far from me, I'm just east of pell city. I come up through Gadsden all the time, maybe next time I'm coming up that way I will try to contact you. I would like to check out your collection of MV's.

FreightTrain

Banned
Roger that.Drop me a PM some time when your headed this way.In a month or two I am gonna re-up my insurance so I can drive the deuce again....when it is warmer....oh,wait....we are in a heatwave right now....dang it!:roll:

rbuster

I'm in Selma. Anxious to meet you fellas, but am without a ride at the moment. My first MV, M1008A1, is still sitting on the sales lot at Redstone. EUC was forwarded to Battle Creek 2009/01/22. Once that is cleared and recovery achieved I still have "no brakes", a dinged driveshaft, and whatever else to deal with.

smoothnu

I'm in Collinsville. I thought I was alone all this time. It's good to know that there are a few more level headed people out there. We need to have us a northeast alabama rally!

smoothnu

No fault of wreckerman. I am a victim of Camp Shelby. I have just recently learned of Wreckerman, but have not had the privilege of meeting him. Its my understanding that he is moving too. Kinda stinks for me. I might have got him to work on a couple of my trucks!

FreightTrain

Banned
No fault of wreckerman. I am a victim of Camp Shelby. I have just recently learned of Wreckerman, but have not had the privilege of meeting him. Its my understanding that he is moving too. Kinda stinks for me. I might have got him to work on a couple of my trucks!

hee hee hee,You mean hire him and have me do the work.......He ain't moving far.Just down I59 a little ways.We will both be within a 15-20 minute drive from ya.Can't wait till Carshow season gets here.I wanna invade the Cruise ins again.hee hee hee.You never get over the looks of people when you pull and and park next to old hot rods and muscle cars in a big green army truck.Just wait till the Goodyear tire plant has their annual show(Hope I have the wrecker ready by then).I will tow my entire motorpool over there and setup.Hee hee hee.

FreightTrain

Banned
maybe we can all get together from the area and invade various car shows.

1st friday every month down town Gadsden
Noccalula falls Street Rod Car show June 18th,19th,20th
Goodyear tire car show June 27th
Noccalula Falls Antique car show July 17th and 18th this year

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks