• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alabama Military Campout

Interest in Joe Wheeler Campout

• Not my idea of fun at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dcwilkie

Any interest in forming a convoy of military vehicles to Joe Wheeler State Park for a Military Vehicle campout this fall?

I can just see the faces of the park personnel when a bunch of military vehicles come rolling in to invade the campground. :-D

Y'all let me know!

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's right next to the GL ads on the main page. You also have the GA MVPA rally/swap meet in September. Oh, and the Gun Truck meet in Pigeon Forge in August.

dcwilkie

I'll be there IF I have the M35A2 by then. 31 days and counting since auction end...:|

Edited 8/11/09: I now have a plethora of trucks to drive. Let's get things rolling!

Last edited:

123mack

There's the Dixie Division annual fall rally at Tannehill State Historical park between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa 6-7 Nov. Plenty of room for camping. Some of us will show up on Thurs afternoon.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Don't forget my mini-rally Labor Day weekend at Mountainside Offroad Park near Gadsden.
Sat. is the big day.....burnout contest, pulling contest and other activities......there will be a film company there shooting video...that night the video will be shown on a huge screen mounted on the side of a truck.
Steelsoldiers members get in free since I am providing my expando van for an office.
If you have Rockwells or other drivetrain parts you can sell them to the rock crawlers.
I would love to have a good showing of MVs for the folks to see.

dcwilkie

I won't be in any shape to drive. Right elbow surgery on 28 August to remove arthritic tissue and bone spurs. Hurts like the dickens to turn the steering wheel to the left on my deuce and am losing strength in that lower arm.
Good excuse to buy that air assist steering kit though :-D

I thought I'd get all my medical troubles fixed while I still had health care that thinks I'm worth the effort.:evil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks