• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alert: Deuce Maintenance/Fire Truck for sale in Watkins Glen, NY

BajaEET

I just saw this up for sale on an auction site. I'm not sure what it is though. It looks like a fire truck but it says it has a sandblaster and a "hydra spray" unit. It's a 1945 GMC that doesn't run but it looks like it isn't in too bad of shape.

Government Surplus Auction

If the link doesn't work go to www.auctionsinternational.com and search for item description: "1945 GMC 6x6 Military Truck".

Wish I had a way to get it home.

Attachments

JeepMan

I think they have a rule on here that says we can't post active auctions
HOWEVER we can talk about trucks being sold at an auction, but we can't post the auction itself.
Having said that, thats a very rare unit as it's the compressor model. Was the "hydo" unit added later? (See, we're ""talking"" about it), or was that part of a special compressor model??
If you want that, I'm sure JaTonka on here, or others w/ equipment
would help make that a short haul to your home!!

BajaEET

Well I put it up more as a what the heck is it than as an advertisement. I don't know if it's original or not I've never seen one set up like that so I wasn't sure if it was stock or something somebody made. I figured somebody on here would know what it was.

jrou111

Well I put it up more as a what the heck is it than as an advertisement. I don't know if it's original or not I've never seen one set up like that so I wasn't sure if it was stock or something somebody made. I figured somebody on here would know what it was.
Please take the link down. You can post the picture and ask about the truck. But you're not allowed to link current or upcoming auctions.

Please read the forum rules before posting, and welcome to the board.

Csm Davis

I think this is ok

Quote from forum rules:
[Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• No frivolous auction posting. This means don’t post GL/GSA auction information and photos that could be easily found with a quick search online. Very unusual or interesting items may be shared in the appropriate forums.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• No collusion as specified above.]

Now y'all play nice

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice LeRoi Compressor Truck. Very stock except for the sandblast pot. A rare to find WWII corps of engineers workhorse.

nkawtg

Very cool.......

OK CCKW guys, I've only seen closed cab compressor trucks. AND I've never seen an open cab with a hard top........what gives? Homemade hard top or just something very rare?

JeepMan

Very cool.......

OK CCKW guys, I've only seen closed cab compressor trucks. AND I've never seen an open cab with a hard top........what gives? Homemade hard top or just something very rare?
At fist I thought homemade however could it be an artic cab of sorts for the CCKW
which would be rare also.
These compressor trucks are as scarce as hens teeth.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks