• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alert: Grounding Lead on MEP-016B and maybe 701A

ETN550

The tech manuals state to ground the L2 output for single phase 120 and 240 applications.

However, both of my MEP-016B gen sets have the L0 output grounded to the generator frame from the inside of the control box on the L0 inside terminal. Neither the manuals or schematics show this ground. Is this part of the "Grounding Modification Completed" sticker that is on top by the nameplate?

Does anyone else have this same situation?

Would not grounding L2 without disconnecting L0 from ground cause a major short on a winding?

I plan to keep L0 ground to get 120vac from each leg of the 240. Seems to work okay.

Stan

Seems like the manual doesn't match the machine on a couple things. The mod might be part of that. There have been several good posts about this, do a search on mep 701a. I don't remember the specifics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks