• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All Deuced-Up and Ready to Go: Looking to Single Out

1dcorbin

I just a got a deuce and I'm need some education on tires & rims. I want to run super singles. I want to find a tire that's perhaps no larger than say 43" in diameter.

What are my options? How much is it going to cost?

For the rims I get, I want to be able find tires to fit them down the road unless I would get some incredible deal on tire/rims.

Thanks.

tobyS

I second GR's post. There are a lot of threads on using the 11.00 on the deuce. On the rear, they need to go out just a bit (1/4" spacer) to keep from rubbing the bolts. They are the same dia as the 365 so you can run dual 11.00 on the rear and have the wider 365 on the front. That is my preference. Look at a threads on caster angle as well for the A1 and A2.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I forgot to mention that if you can find m135 rims, they would be perfect for the 1100s. They came on a stock singled truck and have a small backspace that gives a wider stance.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My personal favorite is mrap rims and 395's.

A close 2nd is the 14.5s in A3 rims.

The 14.5s ride better - a bit more flex, as the tire is made for the 14k lbs deuce instead of a 45k mrap.

I also like 11.00R20 g177s on the deuces.

Let's see what I can do for pics...fireturk.jpgIMG_8094.jpg20160418_140744.jpg

White firetruck on G177s, customers truck on mraps and 395's, carnac's deuce on 14.5s...

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cost - NOS 395's on aluminum mrap rims about $350 each. Then you need adapter plates at close to $700.

G177s, about $200 each.

14.5s, about $300 each and then A3 rims are hard to come by, maybe $150 each.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just a got a deuce and I'm need some education on tires & rims. I want to run super singles. I want to find a tire that's perhaps no larger than say 43" in diameter.

What are my options? How much is it going to cost?

For the rims I get, I want to be able find tires to fit them down the road unless I would get some incredible deal on tire/rims.

Thanks.
He says he wants to run "super singles" which might mean wider than 1100's.

tobyS

3 Star General

Join DateMay 2013LocationRochester, IndianaPosts920Feedback Score

I second GR's post. There are a lot of threads on using the 11.00 on the deuce. On the rear, they need to go out just a bit (1/4" spacer) to keep from rubbing the bolts. They are the same dia as the 365 so you can run dual 11.00 on the rear and have the wider 365 on the front. That is my preference. Look at a threads on caster angle as well for the A1 and A2.​

Not true of 1100's on the rear. It depends on what brand tire you are running.
I have been running Michelin XZL 1100's a my deuce tipper for 8 years and they do NOT rub even when I have 11/12 ton load on.

gimpyrobb

All hail Beefco HMFIC! Ga Rally VFD
Join DateDec 2005LocationCincy OhioPosts23,828Feedback Score95 (100%
)

I forgot to mention that if you can find m135 rims, they would be perfect for the 1100s. They came on a stock singled truck and have a small backspace that gives a wider stance.​

I have a set of these wheels all set to go mounted with almost brand new 1100 Titan T Hawks if someone is interested.

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 11.00R20s are 43" tall, right? (I'm dumb about tires, is that the same as 1100r20?)
Yes, about 43 inches tall and the "correct" descriptor is 11.00R20.

I singled my truck out and then ran the stock 9.00R20 until I could afford to upgrade. I hated the look...the tires are too small. 11.00R20 look ok, IMHO. Wider would be even better.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of options you really just need to figure how much money you can spend... If you have money to throw at the deuce go Big.. If not go 11.00 and put on your stock rims. Buy 7 tires and elbow grease 😁

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

1dcorbin

If I go the route of having rims made, what size rims should I go with and what tires will give me a balance between on-road and off-road use?

tobyS

If I go the route of having rims made, what size rims should I go with and what tires will give me a balance between on-road and off-road use?
The A3 rims are 11" wide. What do you mean "hav(ing) rims made"? What tire are you planning on using that does not have a rim or adapter available?

Do a search for key words and you will find lots of tire discussions. Once you decide on a tire, then rims will follow. For instance on 395's, they can be used on MRAP rims with an adapter or they can go onto A3 rims. My discussion of 11.00 has been about duals on the rear, but someone pointed out, the OP said "single out".

Also there is the issue of bias ply tires or radials. 11ECHO said he had a set of 11.00 NDT, which are bias. That is another consideration. My NDT's on a boomtruck have given excellent service, but go thump, thump for about 5 miles.

If anyone has a set of 8-9, 11.00R20 Michelin XZL or other Michelin's, please PM me.