• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All the lights are out (1985 m1008) FIXED sorta...

tsmall07

Just the head lights. I think I may have had the brakes and rt turn on at the moment that it went, too. I was about 10 minutes into the drive when it went. The electrical system on this truck is fairly suspect in general. I think I may replace it and see how it does in the day with less load on it. There is what appears to be ground wire for a battery just chillin under the hood. I'll have to figure out where that goes and if it should be connected to something. I guess it could also have to do with the fact that I spilled coolant all over the back of the head light before I went on the drive....

CCATLETT1984

tsmall, i have a whole engine electrical harness if you end up needing to replace stuff, I'll check to see if i have the light harnesses. you may be able to get those from the parts thread on here.

tsmall07

Thanks for the offer! I might have to take you up on that. I just put a new fuse in and everything is working again. Do you think switching to 12v will solve any of my problems? Seems like it makes the system much more simple.

mangus580

tsmall07 said:
Do you think switching to 12v will solve any of my problems? Seems like it makes the system much more simple.
Doubtful... the 24 system is pretty damn simple once you grasp the concept of how its setup.

tsmall07

mangus580 said:
tsmall07 said:
Do you think switching to 12v will solve any of my problems? Seems like it makes the system much more simple.
Doubtful... the 24 system is pretty dang simple once you grasp the concept of how its setup.
Well one problem it will solve for me is the need to replace a generator. My gen 1 light has been coming on lately and I don't want to have to get a new one.