• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All wheel drive all wheel steering vehicles

Alredneck

Banned
Is this primarily for offroad use like Alaska, the Yukon or similar?

Trying to get a oversized 15ft wide 17ft high load around the U.S. would be a PITA!
With all the construction going on all over the lower 48 it would be slow painful dog legged progress.

mudguppy

yes, the M1000 trailer is AWS and adjustable ride height (w/ on-board APU), but it seemed to me that the OP is asking about an AWS / AWD tractor, which the current inventory does not have.

DouglasCo

Lets start over with axles. In my limited experience I usually snap the shafts and rarely bend the housing. So what axles have planetary ends on them and what trucks do they come under, gvwr and top speed?

mudguppy

everything in the system has a top speed of about 55 mph. as far as heavy trucks, only the HET and PLS have planetary axles in the 140k#+ GVWR range. FMTVs have a gear-drive hub but at a far-less GVWR.