• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

all wheel drive!! NOT!!!

powersmoke18

well once again my truck is busted!!! seems the the transfer case is having a mind of its own!! the truck has all wheel drive in reverse and sometimes forward!! any ideas? if i shift back and forth between forward and reverse repeatedly it works sometimes then if i shift out of first it stops working!! yet another thing to add to my list of broken parts!!!!

jwaller

fairly simple system(trans valve and sprag). there is a very long post here in the 5ton forums about fixing the system.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I had my 817 do that recently,It worked fine in reverse.But hot forward.I think that is a piss poor set up.You never know when its going to work.I am looking forward to finishing up my M916 dump truck conversion,I use my trucks for work and need the front rear to engage when needed.

eldgenb

I had my 817 do that recently,It worked fine in reverse.But hot forward.I think that is a piss poor set up.You never know when its going to work.I am looking forward to finishing up my M916 dump truck conversion,I use my trucks for work and need the front rear to engage when needed.
I have been driving the piss out of my 920 in the snow, mud, hardball and everything else in between and am soo in love with this truck!! When things get sticky I lean over and hit the air valve and the truck just keeps on going, its a beautiful thing really, you are going to love it.

wdbtchr

They need some type of harder material for the poppet valves instead of rubber. The seat cuts into the rubber too easily, since you drive in a forward gear most of the time you lose the forward valve first. Hence the rear engagement only syndrome. I've been playing with mine for several years but haven't found a replacement yet. Need someone smarter than me to work on it.:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks