• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allis Chalmers Tractor Loader 16SMD Technical Manual

orangeman

Guys: I am working on an Allis Chalmers TL 16 D loader. I noticed in some of my reference periodicals that Allis Chalmers released the TL-16 as a military model.

The machine was referred to as a Allis Chalmers TL16 SMD. It was a rigid frame design rear steer set up but could be air dropped in four separate modules.

I am searching for and would like to purchase a Military Service or Technical Manual for the machine.

Any insights on where I could find such a manual would be repaid with pure Maple Syrup.

The loader started life in the Tractomotive Corporation and was acquired by Allis Chalmers in 1959. I am thinking the AC TL-16 SMD was released for work in the Vietnam conflict

Thank - you....Orangeman

orangeman

Forgot to mention the Allis Chalmers TL-16 SMD could be equipped with a 1 3/4 bucket up to a 3 yard bucket. I have seen references that indicated that the Transmission was provided by Allison Powershift 3 speed. This machine was built in the mid 50's up til 1964.