• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allmost done!!

connectingbar

[/ATTACH]Here are a few pics of my deuce. I just need to reinstall the tranny and away we GO!!!

This truck started as a 71 WO/W, soft top, no heater in fair shape. Now, NEW winch from GL, Arctic heat, coolant heater, hard top, spin on oil filter, windshield washer, cab insulation, arctic covers for the front, rebuilt front end and rear ends, brand new brake system, remote brake res. New flywheel, rear main, clutch, pressure plate, new airshift transfer case , rebuilt tranny and 11 new 900x20 tires. It has been fun to work on when I have the time and I will continue to update her. Next will be lock out hubs and to single her out with raidials when I find them

Attachments

connectingbar

Thanks guys, and thanks for this site, without it I would have had a hard time getting her done.

I just picked up a water buffalo and I plan on turning it into a bbq smoker.

Crazyguyla

Thanks guys, and thanks for this site, without it I would have had a hard time getting her done.

I just picked up a water buffalo and I plan on turning it into a bbq smoker.
If your buffalo is a M149, here's a warning from the TM

WARNING
CYANIDE GAS HAZARD
DO NOT weld or allow stainless steel tank temperature to exceed 212°F (100°C). Cyanide gases may be released when foam is heated above this temperature. Failure to follow this warning may cause toxic gases to escape and cause serious injury or death to personnel.

connectingbar

The winch was included with some tents I got last year, I was surprised when I recieved the shipment of 10 gp small tents and another crate that had the winch inside. Brand New!!.

I have to look at the model of the buffalo but since I work for a fabricator I have the equipment to purge any gasses of tanks before welding. The one I got is steel and was for potable water. I will post some pics when I am back in town.

Now onto a 10 ton.

connectingbar

After I painted it with 383 green, I thought about camo but When I was sandblasting the old carc off I noticed stars on the hood and doors along with the other tac marks on the hood, so after thinking, I ordered a set from rick larson ( great guy!! ) and put the truck back to it's origional look.

Everyone here loves how it looks and my local PD loves it as well. ( they tell me crime is way down with this truck in my yard)

I also am helping a few friends with thiers but it is not the same as doing mine. I NEED MORE GREEN IRON!!!:razz: