• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allow me to introduce myself

HOWEY

Apology to Craig.

Craig, i myself although shy on posting until recently have been using ss since 2009 and have found it the holy grail on all things cucv related... Your timing on joining the site is unfortunate as a member has been banned and as a result every newcomer is treated with suspision in certain members eyes , follow link for explanation http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/66743-feedback-cucv.html.
I hope you are not swayed by the negative replys and continue to use the site.
On behalf of myself i wish to apologise for steel soldiers.
If your attend the war and peace show in beltring we could meet and talk all things cucv.... yours Howey.

Attachments

3dAngus

Post removed as it is a private matter that I should not have posted publicy. My apologies....

Last edited:

craig 379

Hello HOWEY, hey there's certainly no need for you to apologise! Don't worry, You weren't included in my statement! I just wanted to get that out of the way. If i don't use the forum for a while for whatever reason, having had a few people wondering how genuine i might be, they would probably think i was just the type of person they had suspected i was. As for the show, I'm lucky to be able to afford to drive to the local American car show that takes place a few miles from me, every few weeks during the summer! It's a kind offer though, thank you.

Last edited:

3dAngus

Craig 379,
Listing your city is a requirement with Steel Soldiers. Please post your town and Ceremonial county with your location.

hole

Never met anyone from the U.K. that talked or wrote like this.

Moderators, will you do an IP check on this and see where it's from.
(not referring to you Howey)
If you're from the UK and have a point of reference than go ahead keep speaking. Otherwise, I dont understand why you question Craig. He seems to be on point with his questions on this topic.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moderators, will you do an IP check on this and see where it's from.
(not referring to you Howey)

How would an IP check help? You can use an AppleMac and sit at a cafe and use their wireless and a website would never know where you were coming from. You could use a PC and spoof your HTTP header and look like you were coming from a Windows98 system running IE8. You can make a Linux box come in looking like a Windows box.

All kinds of spoofing tools exist, I use them almost every week in my job.

sw

rickf

Hello rickf, westechs_wifey, HOWEY, and all the latest people to offer a warm welcome, to someone who only wanted to ask a question about a subject that i thought most of the people on here would know more about than me. rickf - i have never met you, but you sound like the kind of person i would generally gravitate towards. You sound like a fellow i work with, and whom i consider about my closest friend, and has been doing his job for long enough to teach a few people a thing or two, but always claims he knows no more than anyone else, and like yourself, claims he is still learning yet. I'd never claim to be, but would like to consider myself to be this type of person also. I thought that rather than read through page after page of information, it would be worth asking if anyone else has ever had the same issue, and could maybe just tell me what the trouble may be. It seemed the easiest and most sensible option to me. Do people really think that I've not made every effort to seek advice elsewhere and mend the problem myself already? And from what i can gather of this former member who was obviously a bit of a bad apple, and whom i get the impression was writing post after post about things that were totally irrelevant to the site, well, could it not just be, that by spending as much time as some of the members are, trying to work out what kind of person i may or may not be, instead of trying to help someone out - are they not themselves a bit like this person they all are claiming is some kind of loony? As one of the other members already said - it's no wonder people who join this forum for advice would be reluctant to bother with it again. Had i known it was going to cause so much of an issue for some people, i wouldn't have joined at all. Craig.
Craig, I hate to say this but you are not helping your situation by going on like that.
I, for one have had enough of the paranoia and witch hunting, I am gone. Craig, you can pm me if you think I can help.

Mods, you really need to take a close look at the paranoia and retribution that is going on throughout this forum. Not just this thread but all over.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Craig, I hate to say this but you are not helping your situation by going on like that.
I, for one have had enough of the paranoia and witch hunting, I am gone. Craig, you can pm me if you think I can help.

Mods, you really need to take a close look at the paranoia and retribution that is going on throughout this forum. Not just this thread but all over.
Touche.