• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Almost ready

CUCV85

that sucks you had to buy new glow plugs. were the old ones fried?
Sure sucks you have to buy new glow plugs is right.
That MEANS your system has a fault!
Glow plugs last for years when a system operates correctly.
I know with the military system having the resistors
there is a pain
for once you loose a Glow Plug they all eventually burn up and FAST.
Having a civilian setup or having done a resistors bypass
(basically removing 24 volts from going to the glow plugs)
if you had a wire not connected tightly on a glow plug
or having lost 1 or 2 glow plugs for say -
your other functioning glow plugs can actually work to start the truck
for quite some time.
Food for thought. :beer:

dstang97

someone removed his resistor and hooked it up to a 24v terminal. Thats why he burnt his glows and card. hence new push button and glows.

Alucard-HD

someone removed his resistor and hooked it up to a 24v terminal. Thats why he burnt his glows and card. hence new push button and glows.
Yea the old ones fried, i crap my pants when i removed them. I figured they would have swelled up or broke. But they all came out ok. i wish i did this the first time but thats life. I had no idea that the preivious owner butchered the wiring. aua

Strawman

My truck came with 7 dead plugs, no resistor box, and a completely missing gp controller card.
So controversial stuff aside, I was already 12v and missing the parts to put it back "right"

This thread helped me out.... here's my diagram if it helps anyone else.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks