• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alot interesting about "wild Thing"

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We supported a "Wall" visit in Marion. Ohio several years ago, and "Wild Thing" was there, talked with the people who built it and it IS neat. That whole mini is replica, built with a truck starter, sump pump, some tubing and stuff they bought online. When I first saw the truck, it brought the hairs up on the back of my neck, (and elsewhere, been there, got the T-shirt!!) The beer cans on the "go fasters" are 'original period issue', as are the "Bud Man" stickers on the windshield cowl, (expensive too from what we heard).
What I didn't get was an e-mail address where I can get ahold of them, as well as any other guntruck replica's. We'd like to get at least one to the Military History Days program the third weekend in September at the Ohio Veterans Home in Sandusky, Ohio.
Anybody got any info, let me know please.

Driver523

Capt. Pat or anyone else--If you would like any info on these replicas send me an email and I'll put you in touch with who you'd like--As far as Sandusky I believe that again Wild Thing would be closest for you--Proud American is in Ga. Ace of Spades in East Tn. And a shout out to our Ugly Ranger Thanks for the "heads up" on the Gathering--If any members here want info on lodging send me an email or the same if anyone would like to bring there vehicles--EMAIL--- Driver523rd@aol.com Larry

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Larry, Its for a good cause, the e-mail is on the way. I've got a pair of M-37 bodies the members of our "Group" here in Ohio are pushing for a small guntruck. Might happen, they wanted my 68 Kaiser 5 ton.... There "ain't" enough of them, and I carry a sidearm for a living... was the answer there. Besides I don't have THAT kind of money loose. I'd spoken with some of "Wild Thing's" builders and know what they spent, can only guess what it cost the outfit on the coast that built "Satin's Little Angel". But they are great representatives of a serious chapter in our history, as well as a tribute to the capability of the American soldier when put to the test.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks